Friday, October 31, 2008

THE DAY THE WORLD ENDED(ok not really)

Aaron & I at the zoo, in a land rover..nothing to do with post.


Last evening, about a quarter after six, I was having a very frustrating time at the work shop. things just not working. Unproductive time on a set-price job = lost $ for company. Not good.


Then My Lovely wife, called me. "Honey," she opened, "Did you get upset with the computer this morning?" Um, what do you mean?" "I - just wondered if it really pissed you off or something?" "Um, what DO you NEED, hun? what's up?" More terse than I intended, already having a bad Day, here..... "Well, Did you maybe push buttons a little hard? It's REALLY DEAD..."


I Swear. I JUST turned it off, which I relayed.


bottom line - It's says it requires re-formatting the hard drive(which may or may not work-it already had bad sectors).


Hundreds of photos will be lost. Yes I know what back ups are. the last time I tried to copy to disc, it wasn't going for it. And don't even get me started on recording music to c.d.s.


THIS - IS NOT GOOD.


We are not in a position to just go out and replace it.


Thank God, biz files are all on memory stick.


Right now I'm writing this at my Aunt's house on her computer.


I sort of knew how much the computer had become an integral part of our lives.


But, NO, I didn't really.....


Feeling Very vulnerable here.


That's just absurd. I went years with no t.v. NO problem. ok, need the cell phone for biz, understandable. but the Computer!?!


OH well, welcome to life in the twenty-first Century, in this "the Best of All Possible worlds"(Voltaire-CANDIDE)

3 comments:

  1. Ouch! I know I get a little twitchy when I am away from the computer for too long... and the pictures and music? That's like losing stuff in a fire. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry sweety, I realy freaked out. I realy feel bad, because I did not get some pictures on to a cd before it crashed. now we only have the memories to hold on to.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate computers. Yay for film cameras, I say. And it's hilarious to get somebody else to use your film camera, and when they take a picture they stare at the back of the camera looking for the image.

    ReplyDelete